Did you watch day 47 of the Big Brother Naija 3 reality show?
If you missed it, we’ve got the highlights for you!
The Housemates had quite an active night. After their Musical Wager Finale the Housemates had Diary Sessions with a twist as Biggie replaced himself with HoH Nina for the sessions.
The will to win the Nokia Task had Alex putting on make-up at 03:00 a.m. as she and Lolu worked through the night. In between all of that there was an ice-cream fight and dressing room table tennis.
Nina’s Diary Room
For the first time, Biggie granted Head of House Nina the privilege to hold Diary Session on his behalf. He ordered Housemates to stay in the bedroom while she prepared herself, and had a Ninja deliver a large green notebook with a pen for her to write on.
At first intimidated, Nina sat comfortably in the chair, and couldn’t repress her giggle whenever she would call her fellow Housemates to come to the lounge. The Housemates except for Rico Swavey kept their Diaries short and to the point, being sure not to let Nina into their deepest thoughts.
Upon Biggie’s orders, the only Housemate excluded from the Diary Session was Tobi as he still being punished for ignoring Big Brother last week.
Nina was set on her task of feeding her fellow Housemates until Alex walked in the kitchen with a spoon solidly set in a bucket of ice cream. Enticed by the sweet sugary smell, Nina dropped everything and tried to plant her own spoon into Alex’s bucket to no avail.
Alex ran away, jealously guarding the ice cream, until finally she conceded to allow Nina to scoop some in order to restore the peace in the kitchen.
Alex and Lolu woke up in the early hours of the morning to work on their Nokia Task. Alex even put on make-up at past 03:00 a.m. so that they could shoot their scenes. This is the most dedication we have ever seen from Alex apart from being the queen of the dancefloor. Has Leo’s Eviction made her shift her paradigm?
Dressing Room Table Tennis
The Housemates have made the dressing room more than just that. It’s been used as a dance floor, psychology room, hiding place and as of late a table tennis challenge room. Tobi, Lolu, Teddy A and Rico took turns playing tennis table on the island unit, surrounded by a glorious mess, nonetheless happy as can be.
The Day to Come
It was difficult for the Housemates to wake up this morning which is completeley understandable based on the night’s activities. Music finally got them out of bed, we have a lot to look forward to as the Nokia Task culminates today. Which team do you think will win this Task?
Samvita Cooking Task
The time came to settle the debate and find out who is the best and worst cook in the House with the Samvita Cooking Task. Bambam emerged victorious after she prepared a perfectly textured and presented Samvita meal.
Miyonse came back into the BBNaija House to judge the Samvita Cooking Task.
Ex-Big Brother Naija Housemate Miyonse was the guest judge for this Task, making him the first celebrity guest in the House this season.
We wonder what it was like for the Housemates to see their alumni back in the House as a celebrity guest. Many come to the big Brother House with the aim of exposing their talents to the public in hopes that when they leave the House their careers will soar.
The Housemates worked in teams to create either Vegetable or Egusi soup.
Teddy A and Bambam
Cee-C and Alex
Lolu and Rico Swavey
Nina and Anto
Miracle and Tobi
Gender Kitchen Wars
Miyonse said that in his experience men are better cooks, and in that moment we saw the determination in Bambam’s face to change his mind.
At this point Teddy A and Bambam with the resident House chef Rico Swavey truly giving his all in this Task his all but alas, it was not his to win. He was great sport and congratulated Bambam.
There is definitely a bond of true camaraderie forming in the House. Although it was a competition the Housemates were supportive and displayed good sportsmanship throughout. The Housemates have definitely matured from their first few weeks in the House when everything was a fight to the death.
Once the soups were ready the Housemates had compete individually and prepare perfectly textured Samvita and Bambam led the pack.
What do you think she will receive as a reward for winning the Samvita Task?
Top 10 Diary Confessions
We’ve extracted Housemates juiciest confessions to have come out of the Diary Session so far.
The Presence of Absence
1. Nina has regularly mentioned having a boyfriend outside the House, whom she often said she missed. As her on-screen relation with Miracle grew, Nina has also said she hoped her boyfriend and family would forgive her if she’s done anything wrong while in the House.
2. On Valentine’s Day, Miracle who had gotten much closer to Nina, sent a loving message to a Juliet, whom no one knows the affinity to him. Since then, he never mentioned her name again. Who is the Juliet who got a special Valentine’s nod from Miracle?
3. On the same lovers’ day, from Biggie’s Diary Room, Bitto essentially proposed to his waiting girlfriend outside the House.
4. During the first pairing, Teddy A had plotted to give Bambam a lot of attention and would get her to like him as part of his game. A few weeks later, Teddy A also confessed to Biggie that his relationship with BamBam had become real, irrespective of the tensions they both lived vis-à-vis the serious relationships outside the House.
5. Bambam, relayed to Biggie, her frustration with Housemates not wanting her as an HOH and visible reactions of theirs. She said that she felt no one respected her during her HoH tenure.
6. Angel said he learnt that the baby Task had taught him responsibility and that he was ready to take it to the next step in terms of having a family.
7. Ifu was relieved to be freed from her pairing with Angel whom despite their shared fitness and strong character, she said she couldn’t stomach anymore.
8. Leo said he did not have a social life for six years and that his stay in the House was the closest he had been to other people, an opportunity for which he thanked Biggie
9. Ever since the baby Task, Anto confessed she had more appreciation for parents yet was definitely not ready to become one. If anything, it strengthen her desire to win the Prize in order to bring her mother back to Nigeria and set her up for good.
10. As one who has personally experienced the devastation and suffering of his younger autistic cousin, Rico made a desperate plea to Biggie for this social cause that is very close to his heart. Kuddos to him for getting the conversation started.
Bambam’s Grand Slam
After her Head of House tenure, and having knocked the Samvita Cooking Task down, Bambam has secured another win during tonight’s Arena Games.
It all started off well as Housemates were all ready to take on another Challenge. Gathered in the Arena, they learned that unlike previous Arena Games, this one was made of four smaller tasks and to everyone’s relief, no puzzle.
It was the first time since the start of the season that Housemates had been spared the puzzle ordeal, for it had earlier proved to be the breaking point for many.
Ready? Set? Go!
Being good sports, one by one Housemates entered the Game with their best foot forward, under their peers’ cheerful attention.
Lolu and Nina landed in the seven-minute range, while Cee-C and Anto remained in the five-minute bracket. Rico and Alex stayed in the four-minute window, which Miracle and Tobi easily lowered to the three-minute timeframe. When Bambam was announced as the ultimate winner, she was beaming of pride and Housemates seemed to be genuinely thrilled at her victory.
In addition to a Super Reward to be unveiled the next day, Biggie promised celebratory drinks to the House.
Biggie Slammed It
Yet Biggie was not done with them, and he kept Housemates seated on the bench, waiting to hear about how they had fared on the Wager Task. Sandwiched between Tobi and Miracle, Nina was mumbling prayers with her eyes shut as Biggie maintained the suspense. Finally Biggie’s voice thundered that Housemates would have to wait until Sunday to find out whether they had lost or won the Wager. Housemates grumbled and exited the Arena, leaving whiffs of disappointment on their trail.